COVERGIRL ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE NEW BEAUTY PARTNERSHIP WITH LIONSGATE’S “THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE”
HUNT VALLEY, MD, May 17, 2013 — Today, COVERGIRL announced its first-ever major movie sponsorship of Lionsgate’s highly anticipated The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, scheduled for release in North American theaters on November 22, 2013. COVERGIRL will launch a first-of-its-kind creative advertising campaign inspired by the film, featuring new products from the brand’s upcoming Capitol Collection from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, to be announced at a later date.
“With The Hunger Games: Catching Fire partnership, we wanted to redefine cosmetics’ relationship to film with a fantasy-meets-reality beauty experience,” said Esi Eggleston Bracey, VP and General Manager, Global P&G Cosmetics. “The film inspired COVERGIRL campaign coming out this fall truly will bring beauty transformation to life in an aspirational, dramatic fashion. All of us at COVERGIRL were captivated by Suzanne Collins’ novels and the first film, so we’re thrilled to collaborate with Lionsgate on such a bold beauty partnership with the release of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.”
“We are excited to announce COVERGIRL as the exclusive makeup partner for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” said Paula Kupfer, Lionsgate’s Vice President of Promotions and Consumer Products. “The exquisite beauty and style in the world of the Capitol is a focal point of this film. Partnering with an innovative brand like COVERGIRL to create an additional layer of beauty storytelling and inspiration for the fans is new territory that we’re delighted to explore.” (x)
I’ve honestly never laughed at anything this hard in my entire life. I’m crying.
OH DEAR GOD WHAT WHAT SHITI need this on my blog again.
This is gold!
Me and my new heels.
Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
Erik Johansen’s pictures are worth more than a thousand words. The German born, Swedish based photographer enjoys nothing more than manipulating the mind with his tantalizing visual imagery. His vivid imagination and surreal forms create brilliant pictures of surreal moments, all with a hint of the believable. Originally a computer engineering student, Johansson currently works on personal projects as well as commissioned ones.
This is really important. Dog’s shed heat by panting (instead of sweating) - they expel moisture and heat as they pant and if that humid air stays around them, they will no longer cool down but will instead heat up even more, and become dehydrated at their body tries even harder to get rid of heat through panting.
A dog can get heatstroke out in the open if they are panting too heavily and making the air around them too humid and stuffy - they need to be moved (if possible). If that can happen to a dog sitting out in the open think about how much worse it would be within an enclose space like a car. Hyperthermia will kill a dog and it is a terrible way to go.
dont leave your dog in your car you pricks
That goes for outside too when the heat really picks up.
What are “Muff Pistols”?
A muff was basically a large puffball made of fur with two hand openings for which to keep your hands warm. They were a popular fashion accessory for women in Georgian Era and early Victorian Era Britain. Muff pistols were small boxlock pistols that were designed to be compact enough to be hidden within a muff, and thus became a popular ladies gun. They were originally made with flintlock mechanisms but were later made in percussionlock as well. Often these pistol had triggers that folded up so that they would be easier to carry and draw.
Over time however, they became very popular with men as well because of their small size and concealability. Back then people of both sexes wore very heavy clothing so it was easy to conceal these small pistols in a pocket or fold of clothing. Muff pistols were most popular in Europe and especially England. They never caught on in America, where derringers were common.
My icon is a set of muff pistols.
Oh. My. GAWD.